Repairing concrete cracks require a level of experience and expertise. At Fraser Valley Concrete, we specialize in providing concrete crack repair in Coquitlam. Our trusted experts have the skill and tools to repair both minor and major cracks in your concrete slabs, pool, and floors.
In addition, we offer Elevator Pit Leak Repair, Foundation Repair, Concrete Water Leak Repair, Pool Repair, Power Washing services, and so forth. We serve both residential and commercial clients in Coquitlam, BC, and nearby cities.
What Causes Cracks On Concrete?
Issues of concrete cracks are common, but it is not something you want to deal with. This means you have to address the different reasons why it happens. But what are the causes of concrete cracks? Here are the commonest ones:
Excess Water in the Mix: When there is more water than necessary in a concrete mix, the strength of the concrete will be compromised, and this can always lead to concrete cracks
Concrete Drying Too Fast: When concrete dries too fast, the chances of cracking in the future is increased. This is why water is necessary for concrete curing
Improper Strength of the Concrete Poured on the Job: Concrete is available in different strengths, and the right strength should be poured on the right job. Getting it wrong will cause concrete cracking
Lack of Control Joints: Control joints are used to accommodate expansion in concrete. Without them, concrete cracking is inevitable in some instances
Other Reasons: Few other reasons like pouring concrete on frozen ground or poorly prepared ground can also cause concrete cracking.
How Do You Keep Concrete From Cracking?
To keep concrete from cracking, you need to take care to avoid the things that cause cracking. Specifically, you should observe the following:
- Design the structure the right way
- Inspect the job thoroughly
- Use dependable materials for concrete mixing
- Use cement content consistent with the design requirement
- Use the minimum water content necessary for workability
- Place concrete uniformly
- Pour the concrete on a well-prepared ground under the right condition
- Cure the concrete moist or sealed, beginning early
- Avoid extremes of temperature or control concrete pouring as much as possible
- Protect the concrete in service from moisture and temperature changes wherever feasible.
How Much Does It Cost To Repair Concrete Cracks?
It is not possible to know the actual cost of fixing a concrete crack until an expert inspects the crack and determine the extent of the damage. The factors that will actually determine the cost of fixing the cracked concrete will include:
- The extent of the concrete cracks
- The size of the affected area
- The concrete repair method to be used
- And the contractor you hire for the project.
Need Professional Concrete Crack Repair in Coquitlam? Contact Us Today!
Contact us today at Fraser Valley Concrete to get a quote for your concrete crack repairs. Our services are affordable and well-detailed. We get the repairs done prompt and excellently, using superior quality materials. This will ensure that your new concrete serves you for many years to come. We guarantee you quality services that give 100% customer satisfaction.